AACA 75th Website-Louisville, Kentucky!

Check out the 75th anniversary website.

Some great information on the early founders and events as the club grew and it's fun to read.

Fun info - annual dues in 1935 were fifty-cents. A year later dues doubled to a dollar.

Sign of the times I guess.

Jim Aberts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bossmustang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out the 75th anniversary website.

Some great information on the early founders and events as the club grew and it's fun to read.

Fun info - annual dues in 1935 were fifty-cents. A year later dues doubled to a dollar.

Sign of the times I guess.

Jim Aberts </div></div>

I'll bet there is some great stuff there, any chance of posting a link to it? Something that historic should be made available to everyone.

I hope you enjoy the 75th website. There is more to come. I am currently working on the 1960s and will have them posted soon. I hope to be into the 1980s by year's end. But eventually the Timeline will be current, giving the complete 75 year history of the AACA.

But there are more features than just the AACA history. In the Timeline section, you can also get the Automotive Mileposts for any year as well as the cost of living and top production figures for that year. Also in the Photo Album section you will be able to see all the covers of our great magazine Antique Automobile and all AACA Presidents.

Progress on this project has been slow but should pick up now that I have the templates set up. But patience is needed as I am going through each of the Antique Automobile magazine and pulling out the meet and tour information & photos, club history, covers and stories that are of interest. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. Also please let me know if you see anything that needs correction. But most of all, just ENJOY!

Judy Edwards

Web Editor, AACA 75th web site

A big hand of thanks to Judy for even taking on this project. The enormity of it would overwhelm most people.

I would think that most all AACA members are looking forward to the 75th Celebration. We hope to fill every show field to capacity in 2010. Of course Louisville should be really special. I hope to see everyone there. wink.gif

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charlier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll bet there is some great stuff there, any chance of posting a link to it? Something that historic should be made available to everyone. </div></div>

Ask and ye shall receive.... http://www.aaca75.org/ </div></div>

THANKS! If you click on the photos of the 1950 Glidden Tour photo #4 shows the interior of the Elmer Bemis 1912 Model T in the forground. First T I got to ride in back in the 1960's, bought it in 1983, it's still in my garage.