Sign in to follow this  
outlaw car man

Gas Tank Sending Unit, 1932 Dodge DL6

Does the brass rod that connects from the cork float apparatus to the round sending unit rotate as the cork floats up or down.

My gauge was working, I thought, till I filled the tank up completely but still shows 1/8 tank or something.

I found the original tool kit and all under the floor board but also included a flat stick ( Atlantic Oil) from the original owner.( 30s gas gauge)

Makes me wonder if the unit has been stuck for sometime now ?

Original owner's son didn't remember but thought it worked.

Appreciate any comments

Sandy J.

On my 1931 DB DH6, the brass rod rotates to make the rheostat work. John

the '32 works the same way as John's DH6, Sandy. Sorry for not answerng sooner....been packing up for Hershey ....leaving early tomorrow am.

Larry

Thanks John ( & the rest here), that answered that. I assumed the rod probably turned, but thought there might be a smaller rod inside to the rheostat.

Multimeter shows I'm getting connection to the unit.

Found a guy that is familiar with this particular sending unit( 1932 Dodge) and has rebuilt them in the past. Sending it off this week for a repair. ( estimate about 125, includes return postage )

Sandy

Got the sending unit back, works great- About 190 bucks, little more then I wanted to spend, BUT I got a gas gauge now, that works. They did a great job too.

Sandy