Certification

Guest ChaplainLar

Guest ChaplainLar

How do I determine if my car is in HPOF or DPC class? (or another one?)

I have a 2007 AACA Judging Manual, but can't find what I am looking for. Help?

Larry, I'm a novice at this too. So I'll expect someone to correct my mistakes here.

Judging Manual;

page 52 states that the HPOF class vehicles must be 35 years or older to participate. No previous National First Prize winners are accepted. There are more details on this page.

Page 52 also states that DPC class vehicles are to be 25 years of age or older that have not obtained a national first prize. More details follow on page 53.

This Judging Manual is on-line, but, in my case it's, in large print, making it hard for me to read on-line. I'd certainly suggest a judging school attendance to get a free manual. Lots to learn in this manual, I'll tell you.

Ok, guys, correct me or add to this info!

Wayne

I think you can turn back in the DPC then go for the HPOF.

I was thinking of entering an Elgin in HPOF but didn't want to close the door on restoring it and entering it in class in the future, I was told I could turn in the HPOF certification and then enter it in class if I restored it.

The car gets certified on the show field by a sepcial team of judges. You register the car just like if was for a judged class but you need to decide on either the HPOF or DPC class.

If the car is for the most part orginal, I'd go for the HPOF. If it is mostly restored, then DPC. If you're kind of on the fence,( car is kind of half and half) my advise would be to enter the HPOF and the cerification team will look at it (done same time as the judging), and make thier evaluiation. If it doesn't recieve it's certifaction in HPOF, then go for the DPC Class in the future.

HPOF is a bit of a hard class to get people to understand. Basically they look at the four areas; enigne, interior, exterior and chassis just like in judging but they are looking for what's orginal. They get a percentage for each of the areas then total it up for an overall average. That overall average needs to be 65% or higher.

The form is on page 48 of the judging manual 2008 Juding Guidelines

Page 51 and 52 gives the explaination of the class.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks David. I knew you'd straighten me out! smile.gif

Wayne </div></div>

There isn't enough booze laugh.gif , "medications" smile.gif or headshrinkers crazy.gif to do that. wink.gifgrin.gif