Golf carts at Hershey?

I'm bringing friends with me who've never been to Hershey this year. The Dad was a Studebaker dealer. We all know what walking around is like at Hershey; I assume it's OK to bring a golf cart for him to stay in the wide aisles only of the Car Corral and Car Show? This will probably be the first and only time he'll visit Hershey, and it simply wouldn't be doable any other way. It seems I've seen others there. Opinions?

Thanks,

Bill

If you are going to attempt to bring a golf cart you need to procure a golf cart pass or permit from the AACA. Hershey region keeps a very tight contol over golf carts in order to keep the show from being over run with them like the Auburn swap meet, and that is a very good thing. It may be more advisable to get one of those personal transport electric buggies for him, I believe the rules on those are easier, and the affect on the show is less.

If you do get a permit for a Golf cart or a personal transport device, PLEASE tie one or two aluminium cans to it that drag on the ground.

The electric carts make virtually no noise otherwise. Cannot tell you how many times over the last few years I have been nearly hit by one of these silent machines.

We do not permit golf carts. The only thing we do permit are electric scooters, no gas powered vehicles, and you must have your state issued handicapped parking placard in order to register your scooter at any of our field entrance tents or the service center building. You will see golf carts being used by Hershey Region members for operating the show. Hope this helps. We get this question a lot!

I came very close to be run over by a guy on a bicycle the last year the White Field was in use. He came wheeling around the end of the row and almost could not stop, he had to bail off of the bike he stopped so suddenly. I admit that I lit him up mad.gif for riding a bike when the announcer tells people all day long that they are not allowed to ride them. I saw him later in the chocolate field and he was pushing the bike.

You are correct, people using approved by the AACA personal transportation devices need to make sure that others can hear them coming and tying a can or two to drag works great.

And please, don't use the device if the person that actually needs it is not with you that day. It's like the person that takes someone with a handicapped tag/sticker/license shopping but leaves them in the vehicle and yet they still park in a handicapped spot.