1953 MGTD For Sale

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see MGTD's for sale for wide-ranging prices and need more info on the actual value. This car is relatively rust and dent free. It does need work on the cowling hinge area, the driver door hinges need replaced and it needs a paint job. </div></div>

This car can be VERY expensive (<span style="font-style: italic">read labor intensive</span>) to fix if there are structural problems, which a car that has problems in the hinge areas likely has. A smart buyer would look hard at the underbody, support wood, and other structural elements on this car before quoting a price.

The mechanical problems the car has are normally easy to overcome, and the rust-free body is a big plus, But without knowing what the story is beneath the sheet metal on a car with door & hood hinge and/or allignment problems there's no way to give an accurate value. It could be worth anything between $20K (<span style="font-style: italic">if all it needs is paint & rewiring</span>) or parts car value (<span style="font-style: italic">albeit a great, rust free parts car</span>).

The TDs have a wood frame body that if not sound drives up restoration costs. TDs do have quite a range in price however, it's usually based on condition. Later MGs have rust problems and generaly speaking, a car with a straight body is worth more than one with mechanical issues. I'm not sure this is the case for TDs I'm only familliar with MGBs. You might want to contact a local MG club to get some input. MG clubs are an excellent source of information. Hope this helps.