Just a warning

imported_v12lincoln

If Robert Anzalone from A & S products is still advertising in TWOZ for coil repair do not give him any business. I sent him a coil and it worked good for a year and then started overheating evan with good resistors and would cut out, these were suppose to have a lifetime warrenty but now he says he is out of the business. so please dont send this POS anything he wont stand behind his work. We dont need people like this in the old car business.

Anyone know where I can get a coil repaired with a cracked case, thats how hot it got, then I was stranded on the road for 2 hours while it cooled down. If nothing else I have a good base plate to mount a set of single 6 volt coils on.

I have had good luck using "Gorilla Glue" piecing together old bakelite parts like the outer distributor caps and filling cracks in the coil housing. The stuff really seems to hold together. You can sand/grind off the excess and paint it with something like the paints made for plastic. For the coil I think you'd want to clean the "crack" area well and fill it with the glue while it's still attached to the base. After it's set you could remove the top cap and do the underside if the coil has to be dis-assembled for repair.

Guest peter_smith

v12 Lincoln

I converted mine a while back, and fitted 2 6v coils (see pic),

I still have the top half of the coil housing if you want it(FOC, shipping only) unfortunately I am in the UK.

Regards

Peter Smith

post-44019-143138006529_thumb.jpg

Thanks Peter. I am planning the same thing but mount both coils on the bottom plate, I had a spare from an old broken V12 coil. only thing I was wondering about is where the ground wires from the coils go? do they go to ground say at one of the hold down screws or do they go to the condensers?

Sometimes you have to make due with what you have and Lincoln V12 coils dont grow on trees.

Guest peter_smith

You will have to bridge the resistors, or do away with them altogether, the original wires that went to the coils, put one each on the - side of the new coils, take a wire from the + of the coils, these go to the terminals on your condensers which also feed the points,they are connected internaly to the condenser terminals inside the coil housing.

I fitted 2 small terminals for the points feed on the plate that I made, but this was just for convenience.

This is for normal original + ground 6v system, if it has been changed to - ground, reverse the coil connections

Regards

PS

Guest imported_V12Bill

I too had bad experience with A & S Coils. The bad news is about to begin. He destroys the coil when he adds his own coil to the case and the lifetime guarantee means that you have to send him a new coil core for him to rebuild as he cannot rebuild his own coil! I have an A & S coil that has been drilled out and I might take it apart just to see how bad he messed it up. Until I replaced the A & S coil with a rebuilt by Jake Fleming, I was about to unload the car. He should be out of business!! How many others did he sting with a shoddy coil? Really, if you got stung sound off so we know how bad he was!!!

!!