Sign in to follow this  
mmuehlba

1954 Corvette just found three weeks ago ??

Hi all well nothing done with my Reo but things are better now with a new knee , any ways we were at a party last Saturday kinda like a car / truck / bike , show . well in came a 1954 Corvette I just had to go home a whole 2 blocks away and get my camera . I was told it was just bought about 3 weeks ago , no idea as for the price or where but I think it was close as the owner is from Milwaukee , here are some pics I took . will ad more of the other cars/ trucks later . ENJOY and just keep looking as there still out there just waiting to be found . Mike

54vette920200801.jpg

54vette920200802.jpg

54vette920200803.jpg

54vette920200804.jpg

54vette920200805.jpg

54vette920200806.jpg

54vette920200807.jpg

54vette920200808.jpg

54vette920200809.jpg

54vette920200810.jpg

Benefits of AACA Membership.

well the band was playing and the beer was free , they put all the running lights on the trucks so took more pics and even one more in the dark . so much for tonight . Mike

54vette920200841.jpg

well to many pictures have some more of the other cars and trucks . Mike

Really neat find! I hope they don't ruin it by restoring it so that it looks like all the other over polished old

Corvette's.

I had a friend in Florida that bought a 1955 T-Bird with

8000 miles in 1967. He kept it driveable and pretty until it got up to 13,000 miles then parked it about 1984. About 3 years ago his widow decided to sell it. When I looked at it agian after 20 years in dry storage, the upholstery and all the rubbber was hard as a rock and the carpet had turned to dust. A fine example of an original car but in real need of lots of love & attention.

The intersting thing was seeing the lack of detail under the hood where pinch welds still looked like pinch welds and

paint was flat and thin, not from age, but because it was a

production Ford that couldn't live up to today's restoration standards.

I love seeing the real cars in as found condition. In fact I still drive my 1935 Ford Pickup that way. Some car guys hate it because it's rough, but to me it's still a good used truck.

For more great "Barn Find" stories see Tom Cotter's book

Cobra In The Barn.

Well here are the pictures of some of the cars and trucks and yes there a lot of pics . YES only 72 pictures and yes I did once have an ebay auction with 38 pictures in one ad . Mike

carstrucks71.jpg

carstrucks72.jpg

THE END

THE END

THE END

THE END