FS-1970 OLDS 442 W-30

Hi, I am posting this, and hope that I am doing this right. My father, who is ill, (but don't tell him I told you so), and has now lost his job. (but don't tell him I told you that either), is now selling all his antique cars. He does not have a computer, and posted this car on craigs list. If anyone is interested in it please contact him.

Oldsmoblie

442 W-30

Selling to the highest bidder

Middleton, Idaho

Randy Day

1-208-585-2159

He is the original owner to the car.

The sight on Craig's list is:

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/847356544.html

If you can not pull it up, just go to craigslist

Idaho, boise, and type in 1970 olds.

Thanks for looking!

Cathy

Cathy,

I'm very sorry to hear of your Dads illness. Can you please pass on my regards and best wishes to your Dad and also to Shirley. Reason is, I bought my '41 Packard Coupe off Randy last year when he sold it on eBay and I went over to Middleton, Idaho to inspect the Coupe and complete the deal. The 2 days I spent in Idaho were made all the more pleasant because of Randy and Shirley's hospitality. They welcomed me unreservedly and they went out of their way to ensure I was looked after. This included taking me to visit the former owner of the Coupe who had 10 Packards in his shed. And they introduced me to real Mexican food which I really enjoyed. Your Dad showed me his other cars, a '41 Caddy Convertible for Shirley because she fell in love with it, The '34 Chev Tudor with the big block Olds and for which Shirley had bought new wheels the previous Christmas and told me about the '70 Olds 442 W-30 which Randy bought new and was going to restore but it was at his workplace. He also told me many stories about the cars and his life with cars. Below are some pic's of the '34 Chev and the '41 Caddy.

My fervent best wishes go to your Dad.

post-52046-143138006427_thumb.jpg

post-52046-14313800643_thumb.jpg

post-52046-143138006433_thumb.jpg

post-52046-143138006435_thumb.jpg

Hi Mal, I am so excited that you sent those photos! I started crying! I miss them so much!! They are good people! I just got off the phone with dad, and he said that he has been trying to get hold of you through e-mails, and it keeps coming back. He said he has a horn wire that he needs to send you. He will not have a e-mail here in a few days due to his job. But wants to know if you can send me your address. I do not know if you can contact him by phone ro not, but here is his phone number 1-208-585-2159. You might be able to e-mail him from Criag's list, if you do it soon, like in a day or so. The link is:

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/847356544.html

You just do not know how greatful I am for what you have done for them. He is selling the other two cars also, so if you know someone, please tell them!

My e-mail address is: cm9168@bellsouth.net

Thanks again!

Cathy

Cathy,

Just rang your Dad and had a real good talk with him, and he sounded great. Hearing his friendly voice brought back more memories of meeting him and Shirley. And I was able to give him my address so he can forward the horn wire for the Packard. Will send you an email soon so he has my email address for the future. Thanks for posting your message here.

All the best

Mal

Hi Rod, he is selling it to the person that will give him the most for the car. I live in Louisiana, and just found out about it Monday. I was alittel upset, I wanted that car, but I understood that he needs the money. You see I use to watch him race that car and win in California, at the race track. I have so many memories of it and him with it! I love that car!! Please call him. His name is Randy and his number is:

1-208-585-2159. I know that he will be selling it by Thursday at noon, but I can not tell you what the offer is at this time, but I am sure he will tell you, and answer all your questions!

Thanks for the e-mail!

Cat

Hi Mal, I am glad that you talked to him, I know when I was there, I helped him clean and get the car ready for you, and he talked very highly about you, and how nice you were! He is a great person, and I miss him so. I know that he will keep in touch with you now that he has your e-mail. And again thanks for everything that you have done!

Cathy