Help needed to determine value of Graham-Paige?

BellyNick

I am writing this for a friend.

He has a 1929 Graham-Paige, and is need to determine what the value of the car is. It is a 4 door, and is in beautiful shape. We have determined it is a 1929 Graham-Paige 2nd Series. The model is 612. This car is possibly going to be up for sale in the spring of 2009.

I have included 2 pictures with this post.

Any help would be appreciated.

post-58428-143138007214_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest imported_Bill-W

Yes, the first Graham appeared for 1930 (2nd series).

But the first Graham-Paige appeared in 1928 (again 2nd series) some months after the Graham brothers purchased the Paige-Detroit Motor Car Co.

Although the Graham-Paige car became Graham in 1930, the company remained Graham-Paige Motor Corporation until 1952 when the "Motor" was dropped from the name. It eventually became Madison Square Garden Corporation, some years after acquiring the real estate of the same name.

Bill

Vancouver, BC

• 1 month later...
Guest oldsmobile1915

As for value... in this economy... I'll give you $500.00 for it. (basically whatever someone is willing to pay)

• 3 months later...

My Old Car Price Guide from 2004 shows the 1929 Graham-Paige 612 4-door sedan to be worth about $14,100.00 in #1 condition and about $9,870.00 in # 2 condition. Your car pictured looks like a #1 or #2. Given the recession prices, I would imagine these prices are about the same as 2004.

• 1 year later...

One just like this sold on ebay for about $9000 out of WI, yours is a nicer. I would look for $10,000 to $12,000. Insure it for $15,000. You are correct, you will spend at least $20,000 having one like this restored, old cars are not always a for profit endeavor.