purchasing new car trailer-help!

Steve Moskowitz

Planning on buying a new enclosed trailer. Want a custom built to handle brass cars with top up...yea, i know i'm an idiot. However, i have had a tall trailer before...43ft. and too long! I can not seem to locate many manufacturers on the internet. My current trailer is a Jensen. Have seen some trailers recently with non-riveted sheathing on the outside. Any suggestions or dealers you have had good experience with I'd appreciate the tip. Looking for a tag-along.

I personally have an '89 Britton which is now Transport Designs in Montoursville, Pa. There are less expensive trailers for sale, but they couldn't match the quality I felt. Mine is on 16" centers and still has no flex in the sides. I have a little over 30,000 miles on it now, which I thought was pretty good. When I told the owners, they snickered and told me they have some owners with well over 200,000 miles on their trailers. That's a lot of miles.<BR>Most trailers are personal preference. Just keep in mind if you plan on keeping it for a while, you get what you pay for.