Rubber Compression Bumper on Brake Reaction Rod

Guest DLT

I've removed the Brake reaction rods to change the old front rubber and bushings. Discovered I'm missing all the rubber compression bumper on one side (only the metal bracket remains) and an old bumper remains on the other side should be replaced as well.

Anyone of you know who might sell a replacement bumper part? I've tried Old Buick Parts, and the other suspension sites on ROA but no luck so far.

Thanks, Dalton

Guest musclecarfan65

hi dalton.

i bought new ones on ebay. they were called "high performance...". It was a fast shipping and real NEW items with install instructions. metal parts were also included.

best regards,

dirk.

Dirk, thanks. I did find and purchase the rubber, bushing and metal parts for the front of the brake reaction rods. I'm searching for the 2.5 inche long by 2.5 inch high bumper to limit the upper travel of the front arms. These attach at the back/top of the rod.

Where you able to find those on eBay as well? If so, do you remember the seller?

Guest musclecarfan65

i bought them not at ebay but instead at "oldbuickparts" ... mostly known in the forums as CARS.INC.

just look into the buick riviera group #6 (front suspension + steering) and on the first page you will find the control arm bumpers ... upper and lower.

hope that are the parts you are looking for :-).

Yes, I see the front end rebuild kits and there is a lower control Arm Bumper on page 2 of group 6. Not sure if that's the right part or not. I'm call them and ask them to describe the part for me. THANKS!

Assuming you did replace and rebuild your front end, how difficult was it. I think if I end up changing the springs on the front end, I may keep going and replace the shaft, busings, ball joints, tie rods, etc. But for now the front end seems tight enough for my DRIVER!