Looking for interior handles for a 1927 Peerless 6-80

Guest hearseguy27

Guest hearseguy27

I have a 1927 Peerless funeral coach built on a 6-80 chassis and am in need of all of the interior handles. I was hoping that somebody on this board may be able to help, or at least point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Jeremy

Dear hearseguy27,

Thanks for writing in about your 1927 Peerless 6-80. I actually had seen some messages of yours on the professionalcar.com site, including a photo, several months ago. Very interesting funeral coach. Do you think it might be the only surviving Peerless Hearse in the world?

About 4 wks ago I saw a site about "professional cars" on a site put up by a funeral home business back east. It had some great pictures of hearses and ambulances from the 1910's, one of which was Peerless. Have you ever read about the large six motors used on some of the 1912-14 Peerless cars? The largest, used on the Model 60-Six, was 825 cu. in. Supposedly, some of these were fitted with professional car bodies during this period. The photos I mentioned above were from: www.home.att.net/~ohiopcs/bbr.html "A Century in Delaware" from Bennett Brown Rodman Funeral Home in Delaware, Ohio.

I talked to someone on the phone today who has a couple of Peerlesses and might be able to help locate some door handles. I'll send his number via the PM feature of this discussion forum (Personal Message). Apparently, there is a source for repro handles.

----Jeff

Guest hearseguy27

Thank you very much. I have not seen another funeral coach on a Peerless chassis except for in old pictures. All of those however were much older than mine. I am getting very excited about starting the restoration, however it most likely will not be for a couple of years. So I figured while I am waiting I will begin my search for the few parts that I am missing. Here is a photo of my car so everybody can see. Once again thank you Jeff for the information and if you are ever in my neighborhood again be sure to let me know.

Jeremy

peerless.jpg