WTB or trade...looking for 1931 Dodge radiator cap

keiser31

I have that rad.cap on my 31 coupe. I was told they are hard to come by. I use to leave it on my car at shows when I went to the flea market area, but now, nowing how rare they are,when I leave the car it gets taken off and put away.

Goodluck finding one.

I saw one at a flea market some years back.They wanted $200 bucks and it was in worst shape than mine.

JoeC.

• 11 years later...

Though its an old topic, for me its actual.

Since a few days i own an 1931 Dodge SIX DH and my cap seems to be false.

I do not need the expensive original one but where can i get a correct fitting one?
A model a type won't fit? Wich one will fit?

Oliver
I even may need other parts, myers early parts seem to have only older model parts.

On 11/5/2019 at 6:31 AM, Oliver Lincoln said:

Though its an old topic, for me its actual.

Since a few days i own an 1931 Dodge SIX DH and my cap seems to be false.

I do not need the expensive original one but where can i get a correct fitting one?
A model a type won't fit? Wich one will fit?

Oliver
I even may need other parts, myers early parts seem to have only older model parts.

EDIT: Many caps will fit your car. Most any that have the base shape as these will work. From my past experiences with the 1931 DBs I have and have seen, if your car has two front door hinges, you should have the cap shown above. If the car has three hinges on the front doors, THIS is the cap that you need. This is speculation as I do not have written proof.

post-37352-143142793884.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, 27dodger0 said:

There is a gentleman selling tie tacks that might fit your cap.  Go to the Dodge Brothers sale site, and see if they would fit.

Thank you very much. Yes, I have one of those. Nice item. It is not an exact copy and fits a little loosely, but would do in a pinch. The upper one in the photo is the tie tack type....

IMG_6324 (2).JPG

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Thank you guys, i will look for it but $165 is pretty much 😞
I suggest, mine is from a model A, the chrome scratches on the outer chrome part of the radiator and the gasket is not touching the radiator neck below.

Actual it just prevents little animals falling into the radiator! 😉

My outer door handles are quite loose, problably may model A fit?
No parts are urgent but i want to have the most important gaskets as oil pan and so on here.
If i need it, i can repair at once.

Oliver

Here your picture, keiser31:

20191030_175826.jpg

20191030_175846.jpg

• Like 1