Hershey Campground Distance Question

Can someone tell me about the Hershey campground that is a little over a mile from the fields.

How good the transportation. There is a shuttle bus running. How frequent is the bus and what is it like bicycle from the campground. Is that road difficult with the traffic?

Thanks,

Kevin

I don't know much about the bus or how nice the camp ground is but it's an easy bike ride. Just a straight shot up the road to the show. Hersheypark drive is nice and wide with a good sized shoulder to ride on. They don't allow parking along the road anymore so there won't be any cars in the way.

I've stayed in that campground a few times but never during the car show. I'm told it's booked way in advance just like the hotels.

If you got a spot, good! On your bike you'll ride a slight up grade about half way then downhill the other half. Would be really close for driving your antique car too.

It's also within 1 1/2 miles of the AACA Museum, another must see in Hershey. There are even resturants within a short bike ride. In the summer they have a shuttle to Hershey Park, so call them and ask if it runs during the car show.

Space fill up for the water, electric and dump hookups. There is tons of room just to park. As for dumping and water they have an area that is very easy to get to.

The bus runs every twenty minutes or so and is reliable. I have used it the last two years without problem. Don't use a bike it is a pain in the rear to push around and then when you get something you have to pedal all the way back. Also, as we all know it tends to rain and riding a bike in the rain while carrying something is like pushing a rope uphill.

Dave

If you can't get in there let me know. We stay at a nice place near Elizabethtown. For the past few years they have had spaces available.

As far as a bike goes, you will end up pushing it all day at Hershey. You are not allowed to ride them on the grounds.

You can always lock the bike up with the hundreds of others at one of the entrances to the show. I use a bike with racks (and sometimes a small folding trailer) and I've hauled all kinds of crap out of the show with it over the years.

They usually don't bother you if you're pushing a bike around the swap meet and if the handlebars are the right height, it gives you something to lean on when your legs get sore.

A bike is great for outside of the show (weather permitting) and can be faster than getting around by car. You can go to the Outlets (they have a Starbucks!), to the stores and restaurants in Hummelstown, or just sightseeing in town without getting clogged in traffic.