Your ONLY chance EVER to own a real 87 pace car

cowancom

This is a link to a REAL 1987 LeBarron Indy pace car. Only 4 were built. One is owned by the speedway. One was given to Al Unser Jr. for winning the race, which he still owns. One Chrysler has stored in Auburn Hills. This one was sold to PPG-Pittsburgh paint group who was the pace car sponsor for all CART races. It has north of 500hp. I called and yes-Chrysler still has a few sets of pace car decals for the car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___Indy-500-Pace-Car-Rare-Shelby-Dodge-Turbo-Mopar-PPG_W0QQitemZ230288277125QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230288277125&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Yes he showed the x brace. I would not take a car to Barrett-Jackson in this economy. I was at Palm Beach and will be at Las Vegas. Saw a lot of great cars selling for pennies on the dollar. Lots of cars--not a lot of buyers. I would never put such a specialized car at a no reserve auction.

I don't blame him for wanting that kind of money; but I am sure surprised at PPG. The big reason for their sponsorship of that car was to promote their automotive paint. fhen they paint it with such an unpleasing combination of colors. It's so ugly people will force themselves to forget it. Maybe that's why it was "Lost" for so long.. Lou