1935 Ford 1.5 Ton Truck???

Jim Bollman

A friend has a 1935 stake bed truck. I'm trying to help him find out more about it. We haven't found a serial number plate, where is that located? This truck belonged to his Father InLaw and has been in the family for a long time, not sure if he was the original owner. It has been stored in a barn for 30+ years that is as far back as my friend has been in the family. I'm guessing it is a 1.5 ton but that is a guess based on the springs.

He will probably put it up for sale at some point. I'm trying to convince him it would be a good next project since he has been looking for an old truck, just not this big.

Here are a couple of pictures.

35-Ft-1.jpg

35-Wheel-2.jpg

Guest backyardmachinc

Hi Jim,

Vern Barker here Long time no see miss you coming to Dunkirt NY swap but can't blame you or others for not attening. This swap is going to the pots frown.gif not like the good old days smile.gif As for the searil number plate I belive the engine number was the plate on early fords.

Hey If you get to the orange field in Hershery Stop by at OBL-3-5 for a chat and sodia.Hope to have some Crosley parts with me .

Until next time,

Vern

Guest Bob Call

Jim

The engine number was the ID for Ford products through 1948 there is no serial number plate. I agree that this is probably rated at 1 1/2 tons.

Jim,

I can't speak for the '35 Ford, but on our '42 fire truck, the serial number is on the left side frame rail (top) between the steering box and the front. The '42 also had the same serial number on the top of the transmission.

GVACS member Bob Malley might be able to help you out, and if all else fails, Tommy Stewart in Churchville would know too (if you can tolerate him).

If those don't deliver positive results, the Early Ford V8 club also has a forum like AACA. I ditched them because every time I asked a question, you always have more idiots worried about you being a member of their club rather than trying to help you.

Thanks all for the info, I will get together with the owner and see if we can track down the serial number.

He was going to see if the engine was frozen by making a bar to put into the crank slot and just rock it a little. I told him not to turn it over just see if it was loose.

Vern, I have only missed one Dunkirk, I had a conflict this year. I will have to see next year. I will try to look you up at Hershey. I will be at CI8-10.

Pat, if you have contact info for Bob could you eMail it to me. Jim@Bollman.com.