'77 B Ignition problem

Guest abh3usn

Guest abh3usn

I'm just about ready to bring my '77 B back to life. I've got the carb rebuilt and hoses routed but the ignition key won't turn! I've tried turning the wheel to unlock it but no luck. Any ideas ??

Yes, the right key is in. I've been able to turn the ignition before but now it dosen't turn. My next step is to take the plastic off the column and look for problems. I could also jump the relays like in the John Twist You Tube video.

This is a really odd problem. confused.gif I looked at a couple of British tech sites and forums and I couldn't find any instance like this. If no one here can come up with an answer and you eventually find what the problem is, please post the answer here. A number of us use the same (roughly) Lucas ignition switch (I in my TR6 for instance) and would like to get a heads up should this happen to us. Thanks for posting it! smile.gif

Problem was the key is not cut right. The lock tumblers don't line up right so it binds when trying to turn it. Solution need new ignition/key set.