Fast Four Help ?

I'm thinking about buying a Fast Four drivetrain.

it includes an engine, trans, axels,propeller shaft and all linkage.

Does anyone know if the Fast four engine and trans can be mounted in a 1917 touring frame?

I have a 17 frame and am trying to build a speedster

is it worth my time to get this stuff?

what would you pay for it if you wanted it? Thanks, Mark

Anything can be done but I think it would be a tough one. Front and rear mounts are different. Driveshaft is splined instead of square. Is it open drive or closed. My 2 1927 124 roadsters are closed. 28 is open drive, early had no seperate parking brake, late did on tranny. Transmission is a standard SAE shift pattern, not reversed "DB". BTW, I could sure use an intake manifold if someone has an extra.

Hi Alan, I have decided not to but the stuff because is it so far away. the car's ID number is A847828 , that maks production at just about the last week in January 1927.

The owners name is Matt and his phone # is 208-830-6449

I asked him if I could give you his # and he was happy to give it.

He is hoping to sell all of it together to a Dodge Guy

Good Luck, Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the referal, I will give Matt a call this evening. I have a couple of projects and a couple of derelicts laying in the backyard. My best project is a car that was purchased by my Grand-dad and I still have the original sales agreement, license, title etc. It is a 1923 Touring car. It is unrestored, 90% complete at this time. I do have a set of 24" Houk wire wheels all respoked and am considering installation of a Ricardo head.

Regards from a fellow Dodge guy....

Alan

PS. If you live right in or near Gettysburg, I am jealous! I do like your area and the rich history it contains!!!!