Sign in to follow this  
oldgraycar

1955 plymouth savoy wagon info

I'm trying to find some info on a 1955 Plymouth Savoy. how many were made, and option list.anything will help thanks . oldgraycar.

I have some info on these cars. There were 74,880 Savoy Club Sedans (2-door). There were 162,741 Savoy 4-door Sedans. I will have to dig it up, but I have an old issue of the WPC Club news that lists styles, colors and options of all of the 1955 Plymouths. John at keiser31@charter.net

Interestingly, the book does not show any "Savoy" wagons listed. Only "Plaza" 2-door wagons and "Plaza" 4-door wagons.

Thanks for the info.on the plymouth. My friend that has this car seems sure its a Savoy. I will try to reach him and confirm .He has told me he has all the chrome to go on it, so it should be easy to find out for sure.thanks again. oldgraycar

My copy of "Encyclopedia of American Cars 1930 - 1980" by the auto editors of Consumer Guide shows: L6 Savoy 4dr sedan, 93,716; club coupe, 45,438 and chassis, 1. Shows V8 Savoy 4dr sedan, 69,025; club coupe 29,442. No Savoy wagons noted. Plazas show 2 and 4 door wagons produced and Belvederes show only 4 door wagons. All wagons in both 6 & 8 cylinder engines.

Maybe Canadian production Savoy??.. Jim

Sorry its taken a so long to update on the 55' savoy. Heres what I have found. This Savoy is really "Plaza Suburban". my friend found his title. he bought in 81'. So we would still would like to find out anything posible. thanks again for previous information. thanks oldgraycar

Try finding the book called "The Plymouth and DeSoto Story" by Don Butler. It is a Crestline book. The Library of Congress Catalog Number is: 77-93182. The ISBN Number is: 0-912612-14-2. It has information on weights, production numbers, wheelbases, prices, trim, etc. It may be expensive, but it covers both makes starting from 1929 extensively. You can get a copy of the original "build sheet" for your car to see exactly how it left the factory by going to the Walter P. Chrysler Museum website. They can supply tons of information.

by J. Flory Jr.

ISBN #978-0-7864-3229-5 2008

www.mcfarlandpub.com or 800-253-2187

$75

(I write the book reviews for Cars & Parts)

1955 Plymouth Plaza Suburban 2 door wagon, 6 passenger

Model #P26-1, production-31,788

the four door wagon was new for 1955 with poduction of 15,422

Measurements, listing of standard equipment, engine options, serial number decoding, is also available if you need