1964 wildcat - PICS added

Guest ta66

Hi everyone, I just found a 1964 wildcat 2dr with the 425 ci dual carb auto for sale. It's been stored for 25years. Body and Interior are in good shape as is the chrome. It does have minor

surface rust.

Thanks in advance

Edited by ta66 (see edit history)

Guest imported_Thriller

Good luck...that sounds like a great price for that 'Cat.

Like Roy stated, there is a passion among Wildcat owners. It's great to be able to have something of a factory hot rod that will beat the competition on the street, and do it with space and luxury.

Guest imported_Thriller

Say, since you are talking Canadian dollars, do you mind disclosing a general location? There had been one in NW Manitoba that was part of an estate for sale this spring, but the entire collection (stored outside) went to one buyer. That car generated a lot of interest at the time.

Also, since my stable is full, I honestly can't compete with you - if it is around here, I'd be happy to look at it with / for you if you aren't terribly familiar with Buicks.

lol, it's located in Toronto. Pictures will be up sometime

tonight or tommorrow. Honestly though I'am more into the trans am's and camaros, but this one will be a nice change though. I think I will give it to my dad next april as a

b-day / retirement present.

How old are you? Maybe I could be your daddy?

Seriously, though, if you get it running properly and drive it, you will not want to give it up. You give hope to all of us that bargains like that are still out there to be found. I can't wait to see the pictures. Please post some.

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ta66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6K1036443

</div></div>

6 = Wildcat

K = 1964

1 = Flint, MI assembly plant

036443 = basic production number

The real decoding happens from the body plate on the firewall.

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ta66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the comments everyone. I have the trim code from

the firewall

style 64-4647 FB 645

trim 403 RR

exy-2ajkzr-3e-f4u </div></div>

Very nice...you have a much better car than I did to start with.

64-4647 = Wildcat 2 door hardtop

Trim 403 = Fawn interior

Paint code RR = Desert Beige upper and lower

The last line should be option codes, which I have no means of deciphering.

Again, a very nice car. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Wildcat Ownership.

Thanks for posting the photos. The photos tell an interesting story. Purchased new in a "conservative" shade of tan, with fawn beige interior in fabric and bench seat BUT with factory air conditioning (in Canada no less) and what appears to be a factory 425 2x4 motor.

We typically see 1964 Wildcat sport coupes in red, black, white and with the deluxe vinyl interior with buckets and console.

I owned a 64 Wildcat convertible with full power and air conditioning but no 2x4 motor.

So I am imagining of course there is no way to know but the original owner probably custom ordered this car. Maybe somewhat elderly (50-60 years old) "Get me the Wildcat" but "I want tan paint"

How about "I want to get to Florida in a hurry after Christmas" and "When I get there I need air conditioning"

The salesman, seeing commission dollars asks "Shall we give you the deluxe interior with all options?"

He says "What does that mean?"

Salesman "Bucket seats in vinyl, console, shifter in the middle, power seat and tilt wheel, among other options."

"Oh my no!" What would my pastor think! Make mine Tan on the outside clothe interior, mamma likes to snuggle on the way to Florida and that vinyl would be so cold here in Canada!"

"Very well sir"