transmision trouble

Guest alex_houston

Guest alex_houston

When I bought this '89, it would drive well for about 10 minits and then would slip. I changed the fluid and filter and the tranny was strong for about 500 miles. (No metal particles and fluid red. Apparently 1st filter change ever. Some black deposit in bottom of pan but not bad.)

Now it has started slipping again. Same symptoms.

I put in Seafoam for trannys but no differnce.

I can start cold and burn rubber but when I get down the road, I have to push it back home.

What are your ideas?

Guest jamhudson

I have had that problem before and I would add more sea foam run some more and change fluid again with more sea foam. You don't change much fluid when you drop the pan. Take more than one aspirin before going for brain surgery, LOL!

Guest CL_Reatta

possibly the bands are shot inside the trans, or the pump is going bad after running for a few minutes... could be just a general bad transmission.... I mean if a trans is slipping and all that, then there is obviously a problem that just changing the fluid is going to cover up for a period of time but not fix

Guest crazytrain2

I'm probably grasping at straws here but perhaps adding an additional tranny fluid cooler might help? I've heard from several sources the coolers on the T-4's and 125's are a bit undersized to begin with.

Just a thought