1942 Lincoln Continental 6v Fuel Pump

Roughrider

I'm looking for 6V electric fuel pump that I can install on a 1942 LC. The one that is currently on the car was purchased from Earle O. Brown in 2001. I've tried to contact Mr. Brown without success. If anyone has an electric 6v fuel pump that I can purchase please contact me.

Thanks,

RR

• 3 weeks later...

Hi;Sounds like soom of you are knowledgable about these pumps?My question is my Continental has one of the old round electric pumps that click loudly!It is intermitent!It is a booster pump in other words Istill have the original pump operating but use this after sitting or in 100+temp for vapor lock!I have heard that these pumps have points and can be taken apart and cleaned etc.Glad to buy new pump but I am not sure if new ones can still be used this way as have run into pumps that have to run all time and the original pump can't pull thru them?Any thoughts?Thanks!!

The old style do have points that can be filed but with the new fuel the diaphrams go pretty quick, the newer pumps do run all the time and can be a little noisy unless you mount them on some rubber isolaters then they are very quite. just hook up a toggle switch to shut it off when its not needed, and yes the mechanical pump will pull through them.

if you want a real good on go to summitracing.com and look up the carter 6 volt pump they run about 85 bucks but worth it.