WTB: Glass bowl unit

Two Roadmasters

The thing is that it seems so difficult in adding photos to the forum so I have not succeded yet. But I ahve today seen three types of bowls, two that are non painted, just plain metal with a fairly high glass bowl and one that is painted red with a lower glass bowl. All three are just screwed on to the carb inlet.

Thanks for your help.

Mats

There are at least 5 different Carter bowls; plus at least 4 more Delco (Moraine) bowls. This does not count all of the ones for A/M units such as Tillotson, etc.; and the various bowls used on fuel pumps.

Most are just close enough that they look like they will interchange, and crack when tightened. Which is exactly why we sell only complete assemblies.

Jon.

I guess I didn't ask the question correctly to elicit the answer I was wanting. The question about the size was for the bowls only, not the pipe thread. I have five glass fuel filter bowls only, not the housings they fit onto. The outside diameter of the bowls follows: 2 1/16th (three of these all the same), another that's 2 1/16th but has little ridges and valleys made into the sealing edge (this one came off my '49 Buick Super and has a small chip), fifth bowl is new in the box Buick part, 2 inch outside diameter at the open part of the bowl with threads so it would screw into the metal housing. Hope this helps.