winter storage

tcmark

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting ready to leave my 90TC in Colorado for the winter. It will be kept in a heated garage, unable to be driven once the snow starts to accumulate--last year Gunnison had over 10 feet of snow. What are the things I need to do? Battery tender or disconnect? Add stabilizer to gas? Hard top or soft top? Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: The Gunnison car club hosts an annual car show held yearly fourth week of August. We had over 300 cars this year. It is a wonderful vacation spot and I would love to have more TCs join me next year. Check out the club website and feel free to contact me.

Many thanks.

Mark

If it were me, I'd change the oil so it's not acidic but nice to engine parts. Remove the oil cap so any moisture vapor can dry out. Fill the fuel tank to the VERY TOP so no rust will from on the ceiling of the tank, Stabil for sure. Tons of dryer sheets in the interior so the mice wont want to be sharpening thier teeth in there, and I do like battery tenders though a disconnect would probably be easier.

Any other ideas gang?

Alan

BTW Mark, I drive mine all year wink.gif

Thanks for taking time to respond. I had never heard about using dryer sheets in that manner, but it sounds like a great idea. That probably will be helpful enough so hard top doesn't need to be replaced. While here in Gunnison, I drive my TC daily, just not up mountain roads where the ruts can be pretty deep. Always get some nice comments from strangers, many because of the beautiful exotic red color. Again, thanks to you and other club members who have provided invaluable info all the years I have been a member.

Mark

Lay the sheets out individially covering trunk,floorboards, and underhood (not so sure I'd put them on the leather?) and the mice stay away. Midwest guys told me about that trick smile.gif

It's always good to gain membership to the club as many of the original members are aging and moving on (and well, passing :(). National membership is declining blush.gif. It's especilly nice to have members like you who are dedicated to our TC's enough to drive long distances to National meets and care for yours the way you do cool.gif

Maybe see you at the November Florida Silver Springs meet Mark? I'll be carless but enjoying myself just the same wink.gif

Guest d_voitel

I'm in Maryland and don't plan to drive my TC in the winter either. Everything you indicated is a good idea. I'm going to put mine up on jack stands as well so the tires won't be on the concrete floor. I was talking with a guy earlier this week who even put plastic bags over the tires; kind of like what the RV folks do with their rigs so they won't dry rot.