I need some info on a 1965 chrysler 300 4door hard top, (not a letter car)

did this car come with 14inch wheels they seen to be small for this car. what type of carb was on the car right now someone for some unknown reason has put an hiperformance manifold and a holly double pumper carb on. Not sure if this is orignal engine or not but it is either a 383or 413. also would it have dual exhaust? I am looking into buying this car its a used car lot and the salesman dosent know to much about the car. it is very solid paint real good no repairs noticed interior is very good just dirty. it does run not real good cold - carb problem more than likely exhaust leaks and valve covers leak common problem use to change them all the time on the 440 police cars back in the late 70s they want 2,995 for it i want it for a daily driver. this thing is huge and it is the corect color

Just out of curiosity, I looked on nadaguide.com It puts a low retail value for a 4 door hard top w/ air at at $5,118. None the less, especially since its on a car lot (and the salesman knows next to nothing on something like that), I'd try to take advantage of it & get it for far less. The lot will have a hard time selling a four door, especially a "non-muscle car" and something as "quirky" (for a used car lot) as a boat of a Mopar. Play that up, along with any defects you see in it.

I bought a '74 Valiant 4 dr sedan w/slant 6 off of a lot locally in high #3, close to a #2 conditon & 35K miles. Fella wanted $2,500 & had it there for 6 months at that point. I offered $1,600, told him he better take it while he had a 'fool' there with cash in hand or it'll be another 6 months before he got another looker, if he was lucky. I wound up giving $1,700 for it, but still had a good deal (bought for less than average retail, sold it for a few hundred more than I paid for it many years later).

BTW - we have 2 non letter car 300's ('70 & '71), and had a few full size mopars of the mid 60s. Would make an excellent driver and handle very well for a boat.

• 4 weeks later...

well got back to the 65 chrysler yesterday I know the owner of the lot , the car came from arizona the owner was returning home trom Massachusetts when the enginge locked up put new engine in correct size 383 it also has new/rebuilt trans body great no rust solid underneath interor very very good engine has a few problems which after about 1hr had figured out - alt not charging oil and tem sending units not commected pvc not plumbed correctly not telling the owner have him talked dow to 2,000 as of thursday will talk to him on monday down some more if possiable

post-30849-143138005898_thumb.jpg

post-30849-143138005918_thumb.jpg

post-30849-143138005938_thumb.jpg

post-30849-143138005958_thumb.jpg

post-30849-143138006223_thumb.jpg

Nice car brings back a lot of good memories. My boss had one that we used to go for parts (worked at a gas station). No air, even in the middle of summer I drove that one instead of his newer 300. I don't remember what model it was but it had the 413. Great car, hope all works out for you.

Remember it is a buyer's market in this current economy - I would take $1500 in cash and wave it in front of him - bet he takes it.

point in case - local lot had a super nice 63 Falcon for sale for $6900. It was detailed to local car show qulaity top adn bottom but I wouldn't give anywhere near what he was asking. I wanted to offer $4500 but was ashame to make a low ball offer. Friend of mine offered $3500 - after 2- 3 weeks the dealer called him and told him to come and get it - no one else had even expressed any interest in it.

ITS MINE offered him 1200 and he took it drove it home at 630 this evening everythin works except alt just put in the deep cycle batter out of my camper and drove it home. The salesman wasent to happy I was at the lot on saterday and the enginge wouldnt stay running 1because the battery was dead and the alt isnt working and 2 because when they put in the diffrent engine they have the vac lines all messed up dont have the pcv valve plumed in just ran the vac line to the air cleaner and a bunch of other lines were not connected. Just pluged off all the lines put in battery and the guy wanted to know if i was towing it home said nope turned the key and it run pretty good was he upset said his guys could not figure out why it wouldnt run right told him i knew on saterday what the basic problem was. to late now its paid for and MINE. handled like a dream rode excellent. will post better pic. later this week. Wife said i have to get rid of one car so might be selling my 1951 desoto if any one is interested

real quick took it to work put it up on lift new shocks remand trans just lite surface rust no rust under the edge of the fender skirts. was missing two wheel covers but went in the attic in the garage and found 4 brand new wheel covers for a 1968 plymouth still in the box never opened, not quite the same but will work for now, got trunk open brand new spare tire no dirt trunk looks as never been used, the spare matches the other 4 new tires