Lets see if the flathead 6 historians can give me info on this

Guest XmikeyX

Guest XmikeyX

Feast your eyes on this 3x2 intake made by Harper to feed either a short or long block Mopar flathead 6.

Each Stromberg 97 directly feeds 2 cylinders each. The tube that runs from intake to intake is a vacuum tube. The tubes can be replaced to fit the long block 251ci.

Each carb has independent butterflies in them. So when you step on the throttle only 3 butterflies open. When you give it a bit more throttle the last 3 open up.

That is about all I know about this intake. I cant find anything else on the maker Harper. If anyone out there knows about it please ad your information here or email me.

Thanks in advance

post-57726-143137999529_thumb.jpg

post-57726-143137999531_thumb.jpg

Guest edalfa

Could you be more specific about how this fits both long and short blocks? What tubes get replaced to change the fitment? Also, I take it that this is made to run with a header rather than the stock exhaust manifold since it doesn't appear to have any facility to tie the I to the E.

Ed

Guest XmikeyX

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edalfa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could you be more specific about how this fits both long and short blocks? What tubes get replaced to change the fitment? Also, I take it that this is made to run with a header rather than the stock exhaust manifold since it doesn't appear to have any facility to tie the I to the E.

Ed</div></div>

If you look between each intake there is a rod/tube that runs between each one. These tubes/rod can be removed as they are only held in by a compression fitting. You could replace them with longer copper tubes to fit the long block. As for running a stock manifold you could do it, but there would be no place for the heat riser to bolt to. You would just have to block off the heat riser. This intake would benifit from a set of headers though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this item for sale? I am wondering if it would fit my 1931 Dodge DH6.</div></div>

Im sorry this one its not. But I do own two aftermarket intakes. One is a 2x1(picture below)(1bbl stromberg or carter) and the other is a 2x2 stromberg set up that I may be willing to sell.

post-57726-143138000265_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...