65 Biuck 300 transmission conversion

sonettman

I have a 1965 Buick with a 300 motor and would like to know if it is possible to put the Super Turbine 400 Transmission in it out of a 1967 Buick Wildcat Custom. Let me back up ... anything is possible... but will it fit? Anfd how hard are the modifications I would need? Thanks Chuck

Chuck:

The 1965 Lesabre 400 option hooked a ST 400 to the 4 barrel 300 engine so I'd think it would be possible. I don't know if the bell housings were the same, though, as the Wildcat used the 430 engine, so I'm looking forward to a reply on this by the real experts out there also.

Haven't done the swap, but from what I've gathered, a Turbo 350 is a direct bolt in, where a 400 has some fitment issues due to its physical size...but this is in a Skylark...if you're talking LeSabre, it should be fine!

Guest John Chapman

The ST 300 uses the BOP bolt pattern. This is the same pattern used by the ST 400, TH350, 200R4 as popular examples. The Buick 300/340 and the 400/430/455 series engines used the BOP pattern, so their transmission should bolt up. There may be clearance issues with the 400, but the TH350 and the 200R4 will fit nicely without modification to the body.

JMC