1936 Oldsmobile parts 2 Door Sedan

nowlings

Greetings, I am interested in possibly purchasing a 1936 Olds 2 door sedan. what is the availability for mechanical engine parts,transmission, differential parts? Without causing trouble, are there recommendations for parts suppliers for these older models? This particular car has a 6 cylinder engine. Thanks for any input

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bob Call

Egge Machine Company in LA is a source for engine parts for lots of antique cars. I believe their website is www.eggemachine.com.

Can you give me any casting numbers or a picture of a 36 transmission? I have a transmission, extra shift lever and top and I believe some gears. When I got the trans about 40 years ago I was told it was a 36, 37 or 38 Olds. It has a stamped steel throwout bearing sleeve like Cad and Olds that is held in place by fitting between the trans and the bellhousing. Its for sale, everything has a price.

bobcall@sbcglobal.net

Guest Bob Call

I found a picture my transmission in an old Chilton's repair manual. It appears to be a Pontiac. It has a really short tailshaft and tailshaft housing. The picture of the Olds trans has a long tailshaft and tailshaft housing but otherwise appears very similar.