Where things stand now and what next?

Guest jmmrn1

Guest jmmrn1

Okay, so here's the deal. I've replaced to entire suspension, shocks and struts and all associated parts. I've just replaced factory wheels/tires with 17 inch 4-spoke wheels and Yokahoma tires. I added a sway bar from the company suggested on this site. Ride is better, but still some sloppiness over bumps etc. Is this just something I live with? If so, it's OK, but if it could be better, I'd like to try.

Hi, There are a couple of guys here that can give you the optimum part info for the real tight high performance ride. I tightened mine up satisfactory for me by just changing shocks & struts to KYB (K2) What ones did you use.? The tires I prefer are BFG TA Radials.

Hmmm, first off congrats on the work you've done on your TC, it must be worlds better to drive than it was before cool.gif I've done a fair amount to the suspension on my TC's and the 90 is right about where I want it now. It's no track car, but I have others for that kind of shennanagins wink.gif it's helpful when the little improvements are done one at a time, that way you can get a feel for the result. Usually though a bunch of stuff happens at once so it's not as easy to tell what the best bang for the buck was. It sounds like you are headed down the right track, couple more things that may help the handling. An adjustable adjustable rear panhard rod from csracing.com (Chris Still Racing) is very easy to install and tamed the rear on my car a bunch. Also I'm guessing that a strut tower brace (it's an underhood item that connects and stiffens the shock towers by 'tying' them together) would help, FWDPerformance.com has them but I havent istalled one yet so I am just assuming it would be an even larger improvemant in a convertable than it is in other FWD Chryslers of the era. The strut tower brace was a big improvement on my 87 Shelby Lancer.

What did you use for rear springs, did you replace them or keep the stock ones? A heavy duty set from an 89 Shelby Daytona does wonders for the floaty back end. I get mine from the Junkyards but another member here said they are still available from the dealership.

Now how about those pics of your car showing the new wheels and such...

Alan

Guest My TC Toy

Is the mushiness in the suspension or in the body? It sounds like you stiffened up the suspension nicely but there is virtually nothing you can do about inderant body flex. The floor rigidity in our cars is 20 year old technonogy and not on par with todays cars. Look at the front seam of your doors when driving on uneven surfaces, not exactly motionless.