Roof Repair on 1923 Dodge Brothers Business Sedan

Guest dansin1923

Guest dansin1923

Greetings...

I am new to the site, although I have been reading for a couple of days, I have not gotten through near enough. Thank you for the time....

We are working on our newly acquired 1923 Dodge Brothers Business Sedan, and the roofing has a couple of pin holes near the rear of the vehicle where the previous owner had rubbed it across his garage door. What type of repair would work to at least make the roof water resistant until the issue can be addressed permanently? Thank you in advance and I look forward to chatting back and forth more as we dig into this fine machine....

They make a top dressing that brushes on that works very well, makes the top look new. I buy mine from snydersantigueauto.com Some of the DB vendors may have it as well, I don't know. I would dab it on the pin holes, let it dry, then do the whole top.

• 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dwollam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They make a top dressing that brushes on that works very well, makes the top look new. I buy mine from snydersantigueauto.com Some of the DB vendors may have it as well, I don't know. I would dab it on the pin holes, let it dry, then do the whole top. </div></div>Dave, my neighbor and I bought some of the top dressing from Snyders. I hoped it would stay flexible, but when it dried it is like paint. Have you had any thing like this?