intrmnt failures brakes,cd,ant thft,cruise,lights,climate contrl,auto dim instr pnl

1990 Coupe -Intermittent problems with almost all systems- started with anti-theft device , if key entry used on passenger door, horn sounded and would not shut off. Next problem, brake pedal would become hard difficult to stop car, but with continued pressure would become soft and eventually stop the car. ABS Light and Brake Light would come on at start of problem and remain on. In addition, CD Player would arbitrarily spit out CD. Also instrument lights would not dim automatically when lights were turned on. Climate Control buttons would not function. Sometimes, ignition on and restart of car would solve problem, currently this is no longer so. Parts changed are CD ,anti-theft module,computer,brake equalizer module, climate control module,ABS pump. Dashboard has been removed various times to check fittings. All done by Buick Dealer who owns and drives a Reatta.In frustration dealer simply says they are unable to repair and still charges THOUSANDS for above parts and service. Now afraid to drive car anywhere , please help!!!<p>[ 08-25-2002: Message edited by: btrhlfscr ]

Have you checked to see if you battery terminals at clean and tight? I know that may sound kind of simply, but electronic components are very sensitive of voltage and ground requirements. I mention this only because when I first got my Reatta and before I knew about this forum, my gas gauge sometimes would go crazy and my AC temp setting and radio settings would change from the setting they were the day before. I really don't know why, but I checked the battery cables and found that the ground cable was sort of loose. I tighted up and the problem has never come back. Howard

Got to love this Anonymous stuff, a most prolific poster and he can be BLUNT.

Park that lemon and do http://home.earthlink.net/~reatta.net/brakes/brakes_troubleshooting.html test here.

Do not drive until you fix your brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!