Parting out two 88's

88blue90black

I have two 88 reattas that I am going to part out. I was going to take one apart and restore the other. I desided against this. One has a twisted body, but the interior is in ok shape. The body color is black, and the interior is tan. The seats I am not sure if you can save them.The suade leather is dried out. It does have a good dash and CRT. The carpet is in ok shape. The car still has all the electrical items. The interior is mostly complete. The car does have a good rear window and driver's side window.

The other is painted blue. The interior was torched. Apparently there was a short behind the dash. The CRT exploded and poof. The first time I have ever heard of that.

This car does have good fenders, bumpers, doors, turn signal lenses (they need a good cleaning), fog light lenses, and body moldings. The tail light doesn't have the relfectors, but the lense its self is in good shape. Such a terrible thing to happen to a beautiful car.

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place

Hi,

Do either of these have a trunk weather strip in good condition? Mine has a couple of tears and a new factory part is NLA.

Also would be interested in a front air intake grille. Mine has a couple of cracks and a couple of missing mounting tabs. If one is in good shape with all mounting tabs and no cracks, please let me know.

And how much for the tail lamp without the reflectors?

KDirk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys... sorry for not responding right away. I was having trouble logging in to check this thread. I will check on your requests.

Nemo, the hood is a little worse for ware. It's from the blue one. It would need some paint work. The CRT works great. Infact it was just replaced before the driver decided to send the poor thing into the ditch at 55 or so.

KDirk, The tail light is in great shape. Although the "u" in buick is loosing the chrome plating. I do have another here that would need just a little cleaning, unless you would like for me to do it. I'll even polish it for you. lol I'll see how much it would be to ship. I will check on the weather stipping. I checked on the grill and there is a chunk missing in the middle at the top.

Guest C.F.Massie

How about the headlight switch pods, does each vehicle still have working ones? Do the backlighting on the buttons still work? I have tried and tried to get one that the lighting is good but with no luck. Let me know if you have some and how much would you want. Also a good working drivers side mirror, the 88s are the same as the 89, which is what I have. The 90 and 91 models are a little different, not all mirrors have just one wire harness and one connector. Either the 88-89 has one each and the 90-91 has one harness but two connectors, or its the other way around. One other item, the drivers interior rear door post cover, the tan one. It's the piece that covers the upper drivers seat belt retractor and wraps around the back deck, left side and covers the rear section of the drivers door. Mine has been damaged by a valet parking attendant.

I am not sure if the back lighting works on that head light switch. I will check that out for you. I do have one drivers side mirror. I am not sure if it will work. I will have to test it out. I will take a pic of the tan peice that you requested.

About the bumper strip, do you want the one that matches the body color, or is it black? I am unsure how to remove that.

How much for the bad Teves including shipping? I would like one to just take apart to see if I can understand how they work, so I may be able to fix my 90 with the hard brake pedal (but only whens it's cold) or maybe just the valve body.

Guest WK Davis

I need the headlight motor assembly for the driver side of a 1989 Reatta. I think it is the same as the 1988. Do you have a working unit?

thanks,

WK Davis

Craig Hewitt, uh, I am not quite sure of what you mean. Could you tell me where about it would be?

WK Davis, I do have the motor, but I am unsure if it is good or not. I believe the headlight motors are the same with all the years. They are also the same with the 87-88 Pontiac fieros.

If they need to be rebuilt, they are pretty easy to rebuild.

It would be easier to send a PM to me. I am able to respond to those a little faster.

Guest craig hewitt

The frt clip consists off frt bumper asm headlights turn signals and trim between bumper and hood hood and fenders however i don't need left fender thanks Craig Hewitt 586-726-5490 six reattas and a 635 csi BMW

Guest neroco2

Hello.

I need the following:

For my 1988 Red w/gray interior. In the engine compartment there is a black plastic cover with two plastic turnable pins toward the windshield, the wiper motor is underneath. I need a plastic pin and the metal support under the plastic piece that the pin fits into (drivers side). Center console cover even if it's not gray I might be able to change the color. Rear floor compartment latch/lock unit. Drivers side red tail light lens.

For my 1989, blue w/blue interior, 2 rear floor compartment latch/lock units. Plastic engine cover.

For my 1991 red w/tan interior, Drivers seat metal plate that says Thigh/recline/lumbar for the power switch unit, the unit is there but the metal plate is missing. And a power antenna.

Your help is much appreciated.

Neroco2

• 2 months later...
Guest reatta88

Dear Sir:

I do not know if you still have body parts of the 88 reatta, but I need the hood! Or if you know where I can get a hood for the 88 reatta, I would appreciate any information you can give.

• 3 months later...
Guest Michael Minnie

Hi I need the sunvisor clips that retain the visor in place when not in use. Also the drivers seat hinge cover on the outboard side of seat. And the underhood relay center retaining thumbscrew for keeping the top in place . Also the retaining screw for the plastic cover under the hood by the fire wall the one that goes all the way across the car .

Thankyou

dz8dmv1

red 1990 conv.

I swapped the inside hinge cover of the passenger seat with the outside cover of the drivers seat. They are the same. Looks good and no need to buy one.

Go to a u-pick yard and you can get the relay thumbscrew for next to nothing. If you look at Dodge Caravans trim plate under the steering wheel, they use the same retaining screw, only a different style head.