ALLANTA not CATERA rims

padgett

Are there any other markings on the inside of the rims, probably around the lug nut holes ? My '90 Bonneville wheels have something like 16x7JKx46 where the 46 indicates the offset in mm. Something significantly greater (50-60) could well have the problem you indicate.<P>How severe is the interferance ? If minor you might try wheel spacers but I would not go over 3 mm (1/8") since GM wheels register on the hubs. With any more and I would be concerned about not leaving enough to register.<P>Are you certain that was "Allanta" and not "Allante" ?

Markings read as illustrated<BR> GM SAJ 16x7JJ<BR> 041990 B 1644234<P> closer to lug holes reads<BR> B95768 on rim {A}<BR> B95767 on rim {B}<BR> I suspect that these numbers represent batch numbers.<BR>The interferance is so great that I didnt lower the car all the way,and took them off<BR>and I dont want spacers

On the 23 I indicated having problens with <BR>225/60-16 97h goobyear eagles mounted on <BR>GM SAJ 16x7JJ rims made 4/1990 Apparntly these came off of a ALLANTA,sorry The problem is that they will hit the front coil spring assembly on my 1989 Reatta I am confused because I read that several of you have this size tire on Reattas with no problem.Would 215/60-16 clear the springs? Please help<BR> Thanks,chas

Then I suggest you ask on the <a href="http://www.allante.com/">Allante Page</a>. Any possibility of a picture along the side of the car from the rear ? (said were ok on back). <P>It sounds like a considereable offset difference but cannot tell from the numbers posted (not all GM wheels have it cast in but some do).<P>Am surprised that the Alante is that different though, just not GM's usual style.<P>BTW that 041990 B 1644234 sounds like a date code (April 19, 1990), foundry mark, gm part number.<p>[ 08-25-2002: Message edited by: padgett ]

First, you should not have a clearance problem with 225/60r16's.<P>There are lots of variables, not counting the tires. There is wheel off-set and strut construction. Both of my cars have the original struts...but replacement struts could have different dimensions.<P>My '91 with 225/60r16 (michilin) has roughly 5/8 clearance with the part of the strut that holds the bottom of the spring.<BR>My '90 with 215/65r16 (goodyear) has slightly more, around 11/16.<P>A stock 15" Reatta rim has 50.8mm positive offset (139.7mm from mounting surface to the back of the rim)<BR>A stock 16" Reatta rim has 44.5mm positive offset (146mm from mounting surface to the back of the rim) So the 16" will be about 1/4 inch closer to the strut at the back but that doesn't seem to be a problem.<P>A 215/65r15 tire has a theoretical radius of <BR>13.0 (this can vary some between brands and even within the same brand)<BR>A 225/60r15 is 12.8, <BR>A 215/60r16 is 13.1<BR>A 225/60r16 is 13.3<P>What is the stock size rim and tire your are running and how much clearance do you have?