Need Help! - Instrument Panel Lights Don't Work?

When lights are turned on, dash and touch screen are supposed to dim and panel lights (luminescent right & left side vertical panel lights and buttons around gear shifter)are supposed to come on. Neither work. However, when I open car door the Reata goes through it show of light on the dash and computer screen all panel lights work for the 20 time it is designed to do, then go out. I thought I had it figured out, but apparently not. I replaced the 'Instrument Panel Electro Luminescent Inverter (used)which is located upper left hand side behind dash by windshield. The component states on it'Caution 110 VAC'. I found three of these components from junked Riviera's (same part numbers). None work. Stuck!???? confused.gif" border="0

If all lights work on the "Display on Entry" cycle then your inverters are good. I would check for a shorted sunlight sensor (see previos posts on how to find/replace).<P>The other possibility is that the light switch is dirty (look for posts on that also). <P>When I bought mine, you had to turn the fog lights on for the dash to dim (and won't in daylight).

I reviewed 7/15 and 7/27 postings regarding instrument lights, and focus is on the photo light sensor between defrost grill. Emphasis was that the photo light sensor will fix IP/CRT dimming problem, but will it also fix luminescence of panel controls which do not work when lights are turned on?

Guest kennyw

if you read all of the posts then you read that replacing the sm. sensor also fixed my tell-tale light.....110 lumanesant. ken