US Radiator? any one have any feedback

Guest lrg

Guest Nick_DeSimone

My cousin has serviced their air compressors for more than 10 years. He and I bought/traded/redone at least 30 different radiators during that time. Nothing but good things to say about US Radiator.

A second source is Matson Radiators in Sant Ana/Anaheim. They recored my 1940 Plymouth radiator over 2 years ago and I have never had a problem with over-heating or boil-over.

Generally speaking, if you go into a radiator shop and see a huge tank for 'boiling' radiators that looks old, along with various soldering tools and workbenches, you are probably dealing with a shop that has decades of experience and knows how to fix a real radiator.

If you go into a new shop and all you see are signs that they "Remove and Replace" new radiators with the plastic tanks, they probably don't know how to, or have the facilities to fix a brass, copper or aluminum radiator core or tanks.

Sadly, the days of real mechanics that can take apart a major component (carb, distributor, alternator, radiator) and FIX IT there on their workbench are going away. They are being replaced by computer technicians and R&R guys.