Lost a good man yesterday.

Dandy Dave

There was a fatal air crash at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome yesterday. (Sunday, the 17th of August.) The name of the pilot should be released later today. This hits close to home for me because I have helped these fellows out the last three years with their collection of vintage vehicles, which are used in the airshow, and knew the pilot. He loved my old Buick and recently told me that if he ever had the opportunity to have a "Midlife Crises" car, It would not be a Mustang or a Corvette, it would be one like my 1915 Buick.

I was not there yesterday but have spoken to one of the fellow pilots this morning. Apparently something caused the plane to go into a tail spin and the plane hit the ground nose first. This is the only fatality at the Aerodrome in its 49 years of airshows. frown.gif Dandy Dave!

Here is link to fill those interested in what happened. The press has now released his name also. I was asked to keep it quite until it was released.

Web page to the Pilot.

It is belived that the plane lost power at low altitude and went into a tail spin. It hit the ground nose first.

Vinny will be missed by all of us at The Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome. frown.gif Dandy Dave!

Dave, my condolences on the loss of your friend Vinney. And as Skyking said, who knows how short life will be. It sounds like Vinney was a great person to be around and someone who cared about the people around him. I'm sure his loss will be felt by many of the same.

Guest leadsled1953

Sorry to hear of the lost of your friend.i remember years ago going to the aerodrome[i lived in Rhinebeck] .the people there really loved the old planes and they put on a good show.