Replacing Fuel Rail

Richard S

I had a leaky injector lots of aged wiring around the fuel rail. Decided to replace. Got one at the yard. Other than replacing the seals, are there any secrets or tips on seating the new rail. While this is the ideal time to replace the intake manifold gasket I am torn by the competing policy of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I have no reason to believe the intake is leaking. Still . . . .

Guest F14CRAZY

Indeed, the fuel rail is pretty straight forward. Since Reattas did not come filled with Dexcool I wouldn't worry about the intake manifold gaskets. Mine had around 153k miles on them when I had to replace them for the L67 top-swap but showed no evidence of leakage

Well, yeah. When I had to take the intake off my Allante I was really surprised at the amount of buildup on the inside. I ended up using a my compressor and a small sandblaster to bring it back to new. Since I rotated the alternator out of the way, the grommet is pretty accessible anyway. Now, well, where's that two headed coin anyway . . .