1913 Buick barn find in .....Europe

imported_75RivGS

I could be wrong, but it looks alot like the one that was toured heavily on Long Island, NY for years. It was an old restoration. It was then sold and went out west about 5-6 years ago. It was at Chickasha and other swap meets for a few years. It appears to even have the badge from the Wheel, Spark and Throttle Club, which I believe was the NY/NJ area. Even the Moto-Meter reads NY. If this isn't that car, I would be surprised.

It sounds like it should be an interesting "barn-find" story either way.

Respectfully,

Chris

Chris,

As soon as I saw it I thought the same thing. I live on Long Island and I remember talking to the owner. I had pics that he sent me. There was a car like this one in Hitchcock's "The Trouble With Harry" and the family that owned it then was looking for it at the time that it was for sale.

Okay, I guess everybody here flunks history class! Delaware is called the "First State" because it was the first of the original 13 colonies and on December 7, 1787, Delaware, became the first state to ratify the United States Constitution. The tour flag refers to these facts and not a class award by this car.

Howard Dennis

A small update from a third party; ( I didn't trace the owner yet again) The Buick was bought 20 years ago and back than shipped to Europe where it was 'garaged' in a barn till a few years ago.

Still will try to find the owner to get the real story.

@ hddennis: that makes sense.... really wasn't aware of that fact.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The movie "Trouble with Harry" was filmed in VT and my family loaned the movie crew the use of my grandfather's 1913 Buick for the film. This looks just like it. We have been searching for the car. We have the serial number and would like to find the car, its present owner and its history of sale and resale. If you have any information that you can forward to us, we'd greatly appreciate it.