47 Super Conv. 56C Wiper/Wash Control Cable

WallyL

I need to buy or have a new control cable made and haven't had any luck finding a source. The cable runs from the vacuum motor back through the firewall to the switch that goes up through the dash above the radio. I found an old seized-up cable and had it sent to me and I removed the bottom of the switch barrel and replaced my gear (crumbled to bits) with the old one (looked good but appears to be made of pot metal) from the other cable. It worked ok initially, but then the gear stopped driving the cable in (windshield wash) and out (wipers on). I think the replaced gear may have also crumbled. The cable is such a pain to remove, I haven't done so again, yet. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Wally,

I have the complete wiper control unit in good working condition. It has the chrome knob and mounting ring in nice shape also. This was part of a complete '47 dashboard someone just gave me a few weeks ago. It didn't cost me anything so you can have it for the price of shipping. I have a fully restored '48 56C so I might be able to help you out with other things as well. Let me know if you still need the part and where to send it.

Mike Lawson

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 48Super</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wally,

I have the complete wiper control unit in good working condition. It has the chrome knob and mounting ring in nice shape also. This was part of a complete '47 dashboard someone just gave me a few weeks ago. It didn't cost me anything so you can have it for the price of shipping. I have a fully restored '48 56C so I might be able to help you out with other things as well. Let me know if you still need the part and where to send it.

Mike Lawson </div></div>

Congratulations Mike,

For your generosity and willingness to help a fellow BCA Forum member, YOU JUST WON THE BUICKMAN AWARD!!!!

laugh.gif

Buickmancardedited.jpg

Hi Mike,

I just returned from Speedweek at Bonneville Saltflats and found your note.

That's fantastic - I really appreciate your offer to send the cable to me! Please let me know what I owe you and I'll send you a check right away.

I've also built up a little supply of '47 Super 56C spares, so let me know if you're looking for anything for yours. The only other thing that I really need now is a trunk handle as mine is broken.

Please let me know if I can ever do anything for you.

Wally Luther

wallyL384@aol.com

215 N. Dart Canyon Rd.

P.O. Box 4467

Crestline California

92325-4467

909/338-6137