Radiator fan doesn't turn on

On my father's TC the radiator fan doesn't turn on. He was driving it and the temp got pretty high (stop and go traffic) but the radiator fan never turned on. We checked the fan motor (wired direct) and it runs just fine. Is there a fuseable link that powers this circuit? We haven't noticed any other electrical systems that don't work. I know the fan is controlled by the temp sensor near the thermostat, so if not a fuseable link,what would be the next place to look?? Thanks!!

Brian

The fan relay will be either a silver colored almost 2"X1" rectangular box or a small almost 1" square black plastic box mounted on or near the driver's side strut tower under the hood. If you have the more likely silver rectangular box then there will be two of them mounted next to each other, one is the starter relay. If you have a black plastic square one there will be several similar ones together, I forget the wire colors for the fan relay but if I remember correctly, the relay would be the same one used on the '94 Dodge Shadow.

Hey Brian,

In most cases there are 2 relays mounted together the service manual has a good picture and shows which one is it. Good Luck, lou