Can we find out how many Continentals are still around?

MarkV

Guest imported_V12Bill

Check the directories for the LCOC and the LZOC and cross off the double entries from members who belong to both clubs. This should account for about half of the Continentals that still exist.

Guest imported_MikeWilliamsUK

I've waited for a response to this from others more knowledgeable tham myself - but none has come.

Does the LZOC not have an archivist that records this sort of data? I just assumed that all clubs did this, starting with a list of all the chassis numbers made and adding what is known of the cars, including sightings, auction entries, members etc.

Seriously - is this not already being done?

Mike

(No Zephyr, but a Zephyr-engined British Jensen).

Guest imported_V12Bill

LZOC & LCOC both record members cars by VIN number and body type. Condition is not listed nor are sightings. A sighting could already be registered in one directory or both, therefore the need to eliminate double entries.

Guest imported_MikeWilliamsUK

That would be a start Bill, but there must also be cars known to have been broken, ex-members, cars sold on, or known to be owned by non-members. Recording all these just seems like the right thing to do and I'd be really surprised if nobody in either club isn't already doing it.

Mike

How I got the idea for my post is that the Tucker Club has all 51 accounted for, and since 1939-1948 LC's were in limited number it will be easier than a car that 1000's were made. I think a good place to start would be to take count of members of LZOC, and LCOC and cross check that with Ford records, then cross those off and begin looking online and at car shows. It would be a long process, but, it would be interesting to find out what happened to all of them .

1948 Lincoln continintal V12 to be auctioned nov 1 2008(see forrest toppy clark auction on vanderbrinkauctions)older restoration runs & drives brake lines blown and leaking-dark blue color owner just turned 97 yrs old Aug 15th.I have driven this car in the last week(when brake lines blew out)hydralic windows try to work on drivers side but not on passengers

Guest imported_V12Bill

The Lincolns did not have stepped wheel cylinders. The cylinders are different for each wheel. Rear Wagner, WC 9336 & WC 9337. Front Raybestos WC 24955 & WC 24954.