Flywheel Ring Gear

Curti

According to my book there are four different ring gears for 1934 alone. I one knew the model of the car and early or late they could sure help. The only match that I can see is some of them are the same as some Pierce Arrows.

Need more input.

All 1934-36 are the same. Auburn has four part numbers for flywheels. They are six cylinder and eight cylinder, left and right hand drive. The difference is the location of the timing marks. They are all 110 tooth clock wise with approxmate 13.9 overall diameter. I can't understand why a ring gear cross reference would show four part numbers, as the timing marks are not stamped in the gear. As they say, go figure.........I do appreciate the help.

My interchange book is a Chilton. It lists GW-85, GW-60 and GW-27. The GW-60 also fits some Cords and Pierce Arrows. The GW-60 fits some Pierce Arrows.

Thanks for the help Tinindian. My problem is the Cord & Pierce Arrows are rarer than Auburns. I was hoping for something more common, like Chevy. Auburn marketed a 12 cylinder car in 1934 but they were left over 1933 cars. I keep forgetting about those. That will account for an extra part number or two. I imagine the GW60 is 810-812 Cord.