1963 Lesabre data codes

ChuckM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what these codes mean or where to look them up?

1963 LeSabre

4J1022XXX

style 63-4447 FB 1290 body

trim 472 AA "star" paint meaning there is a star stamped next to the word paint

ACC A7 F4 I7 (or is it 17)

Thanks,

Chuck

4-Body Style

J-1963 (Model Year)

1-Assembly Plant

Remaining numbers are the frame or serial no.

Thats as far as I can get for 63, I am sure someone else will jump in with the rest.

Here is the info on the numbers:

4= Lesabre

J= 1963

1= Flint manufacturing plant

022XXX = Production sequence number

style 63-4447 FB 1290 body = 63 Lesabre 2 door hardtop. Flint Body, 1290th body produced

trim 472 = Standard interior in red and black

AA "star" paint = Black upper and lower body color. I can find nothing in my info to identify what the star means as black was certainly not a special color

ACC = accessories. The only accessory codes listed would be for accessories that required some sort of an accomodation be made to the body to install.

A7= 4 spd manual trans

F4= Safety Group (Backup lights, Day/Night mirror, Park brake signal light, safety buzzer, trip odometer, courtesy lights)

I7 Softray tinted glass, windshield only

If this is an actual 4 spd 63 Lesabre 2 door hardtop, you've got yourself a pretty rare car. Any pictures or other info you can share with us?

4bbl, 4spd, 3.42 posi, bench seat, 2 door coupe - No AC, no PS, and no PB. Working on pics.

Bought it from a guy that got it from his grandfather in 1975, The grandfather bought it from a cousin. The cousin bought it new from Hix Green Buick in Atlanta, GA.

Car has not been driven since 1998 and was stored outside for most of this time. Car needs <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">lots </span></span></span>of <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">work </span></span></span>and <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">parts</span></span></span>.

Chuck M.

Can't get the crusted western mags off. The fancy rusted lug nuts will not turn. I drilled holes in the top to get rust buster inside. Soaked the engine in my custom recipe of ring and piston loosener for the last week or two.

Put a battery in today, pulled the plugs, and spun the 401 a few rounds. Didn't try to start it - just wanted to see if anything was stuck.

Chuck

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChuckM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DANGER Will Robinsom - 63 Burick has righty loosey lugs on driver's side. Helps with wheel removal to know this handy bit of info.</div></div>

Not to steal the thread, but does anyone know which years this applies to? It could account for how I managed to twist off a lug bolt or two on my '61 Invicta.

Oh, yeah, it applies to the '61. My '50 Buick had left hand threads on the drivers side. My '63 has them. I don't know how long it went beyond that.

Don't feel bad, you are not the first to have this happen. I read a few posts each year with this question in it. Some have wrung the studs off and others just can't imagine why they are so tight.

My 65 does not have em so its gotta be 64 or 65 when they stopped doing it. I remember getting nailed on this when I use to work at the gas station. Always keeping an eye out for the L stamped on the stud, indicating left hand thread.