Sea Foam Tranny additive

waltmail

Walt,

I've had two different Rivs, one '83, and one '84, that developed what we'd call the Riviera Transmission Chuggle. The lockup converter wouldn't unlock when you came to a stop - it felt like you were driving a manual transmission car and didn't disengage the clutch when you stopped. Shifting into nuetral would release the lockup and you could go again. I didn't have any luck with any fix-in-a-can products but it wasn't expensive to have it fixed. The problem was not in the valve body, it was a separate TCC solenoid. I had the pan removed and a new TCC solenoid installed. It's well worth the money spent. Last time (summer '05) it costs me about $135. Besides that, you get the pan cleaned, do a partial fuid change, and can install a new filter with no extra charge.

Ed

Guest imported_barra

I have used Sea Foam in my car and it did clean out the TCC that seemed to struggle when going up a hill in cruise. I changed the fluid soon after adding Sea Foam. A GM technician said that he had seen many examples of Sea Foam's ability to "rescue" what eventually could have been expensive transmission repairs.