Lot's of Radio Static

I am new to this site but own a 89 Silver Reatta. The radio is suddenly giving me lots of hiss and pops. Any ideas on solving this would be appreciated!

I just ahd a similar problem and got fixed. The radio <B>and</B>cassette was good for about 3 seconds when first turned on then became instantly staticy. It turned out I needed an FM modulator and a modulator for the equalizer <B>each</B> costing $88.00. There is a rectangular "unit" in center console in which the two modulators are located. The radio now works great. At first I thought it was the speakers, but it was not in my case. The total job including labor and parts was about $300.00!

This may be a long shot, but in the owners manual it says that if there is a lot of noise reduce the 10K pot on the equalizer. It is the far right one. I'm going through having the sound system repaired. The tape deck would not eject the tape and the CD player kicked the CD out with the mesage "error" on the display. I found someone in Tampa who fixes car stereos. He charged $350 for all the repairs.