reatta performance/computer questions

Hopefully my questions aren't too obvious but i'm having trouble finding infoe so here they are: I have a 94 buick park avenue with the 3800 engine which i believe to be the same as in the reatta, would the reatta perform the same (as far as acceleration/speed) or does the size and weight make a significant difference? Also, after some research i've decided that i like the touch screen computer controls and interior of the '88 and '89s but the cd player option of the later models, would it be possible to install a cd player in the touch screen models? If so approx. how much would it cost? Thanks, Brian<P>i hope my questions don't seem ridiculous, i'm new to the world of reattas

Acceleration is definatly dependent on the power to weight ratio. Both more power or less weight will increase acceleration.<P>Yes I believe that the 94 Park Avenue is basically the same engine as in the 88-90 Reatta with some differences. The Reatta engine designation is "vin 3" and the 94 Park Avenue and 91 Reatta use the "vin L".<P>The major difference, that I can tell, is in the intake manifold and rest of the intake system. The "vin 3" is rated at 165 hp and the "vin L" is rated at 170hp.