AC evaporator ???

rrs814

My guy who I trust says need evap replacement-time consuming as well as $$- QUESTION--- I believe MAY need cleaning or R/R (and I have parts)Heater Control, also Radio. Now ?-Should I have them do these with the other underdash job? OR are these done from inside cockpit? I have FSM, but no time to look yet.

The evaporator is replaced from the engine side of the firewall. Not an easy job but there is enough room between the firewall and the engine to get the covers off. I have good used evaporators if you need one.

I'd get another opinion; Jim's right, the evaporator comes out from the engine bay. Real pain in the ass. Probably bad, I've got two '90's here with bad evaps, common problem on this era GM. BTW, did you know that the '89 is different than the '90? They changed ALL the fittings in '90. Don't ask me how I know. Check the various vendors on price. NAPA was $230,Lambert Buick (internet vendor) wants $199, and gmpartsdirect is $182. Now these guys make thier money on shipping; gmpartsdirect wants $73 to ship two.