do 66 Rivi dashpads interchange with 67???

Guest waijo355

Really? Thicker? I had no idea on that one. The 66, 67 dash was identical except as noted for pad thickness. 68 was a different pad entirely.

Lots of 66- 67 parts still out there.

The non ac interchange I think would be a lot of work. What percentage of 66's came without a/c? Like 3% (Darwin would probably know)

Guest waijo355

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BJM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really? Thicker? I had no idea on that one. The 66, 67 dash was identical except as noted for pad thickness. 68 was a different pad entirely.

Lots of 66- 67 parts still out there.

The non ac interchange I think would be a lot of work. What percentage of 66's came without a/c? Like 3% (Darwin would probably know) </div></div>

Cheers mate,

What do u mean by a lot of work for the AC interchange???

I just assumed it would be easy to remove my AC.

i.e. I will only need an AC delete box, and a Non AC alternator bracket. ISnt that right???

i was hoping i would be able to get these from a either a 66 or 67 riviera!

The body parts might be similar, I don't know for a fact. BUT the engines are definately different. The '66 was the last year for the old 'nailhead' and '67 was the first year for the new Buick big block. In '67 it was a 430 and grew to 455 in '70. The 401 nailhead/430 big block, and the 425 nailhead/455 big block share the same bore diameters, but that's all they have in commom sp you can interchange piston rings.

You can use your existing alternator mount, it's a combo alternator - a/c compressor mount. You just don't mount the compressor and get yourself some shorter belts. If you're really particular, you can heat and bend the ears for the a/c compressor mount and make them flush with the rest of the surface. The a/c car used a 5 impeller water pump instead of th 3 impeller one found on the non a/c cars. That shouldn't be a concern. In '63 - 65 non a/c cars did not have a fan shroud, I don't know about the '66.

Ed

PS: I have a really nice '67 dash pad if you're interested - or anyone else who reads this thread. If so, send me a PM.