Sign in to follow this  
Guest imported_MrEarl

Anybody coming south with empty trailer

Guest imported_MrEarl

from around St Paul to or thru Atlanta. In the next week or so.

Not with a trailer, but with an Avalanche with a good-sized hitch. Will it fit in the back of an Avalanche?

Or, if a cheap trailer could be bought up there???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Or, if a cheap trailer could be bought up there???</div></div>

U-Haul rents car trailers, one way drop off......Bob

Guest imported_MrEarl

Knowing U-Haul is picky about what they allow their trailer to haul and be towed by, I checked and dang if they don't list all the way back to 55 Buicks. They would allow a 55 Buick Special to be towed by an Avalanche. But their rates are almost as much as I can have it shipped for.

http://reservations.uhaul.com/ReservationsWeb_4_1/Summary.aspx?rateID=691997403

I found an insured shipper for $620 and thought that was a pretty good deal (1200 miles) At that rate West you may want to drive your Avalance up on the hauler and tell the driver to wake you up when you get to Atlanta.

3 years ago I wouln't have hesitated in jumping in my ol' dependable 96 Silverado and heading out after a car that far off, but these days crazy.gif......