WTB 1966 Skylark/Special/GS Quarter Panel

36RACIN

I have been told by several different sources that a 67 Skylark rear quarter panel is the same as the 66 quarter. Can anyone confirm this???

Also to what extent will a 66 4door rear quarter panel work on a 2door hardtop model. I was thinking I could use the rear end section up to the center of the wheel well. Any thoughts??

Guest GSScottie
I have been told by several different sources that a 67 Skylark rear quarter panel is the same as the 66 quarter. Can anyone confirm this???

Also to what extent will a 66 4door rear quarter panel work on a 2door hardtop model. I was thinking I could use the rear end section up to the center of the wheel well. Any thoughts?? [/quote

Hello, you can use the entire quarter from a 4 door if you want. The wheel well trim is the same for 2 and 4 door cars. Also the distance from the front of the rear wheel well to the rear bumper is the same for 2 and 4 doors. Alot of people use 4 door quarters for patch panels on these cars because they dont make a qualty reproduction quarter. I have also used front fenders to make rear quarters for my car. Here is my car before and after.

Thanks, Scott

post-54450-143137994546_thumb.jpg

post-54450-143137994548_thumb.jpg

post-54450-14313799455_thumb.jpg

My quarter panel problem isn't due to rust and rot. The car was purchased and driven by my grandmother. She obviouly could not handle the power and had a fender bender or two. The front cap on the car was changed many years ago by my brother when he had the car. But the damaged right rear quarter was never repaired. So I seek a useable one. If I have to bite the bullet and purchase a NOS quarter then I guess that's what I will have to do. So for now I will keep looking. Thanks everyone.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
Guest JayMitch1979

Hello Guys, I am looking for a driver side quarter panel for my 1966 convertible skylark does anyone have or know someone selling one?

• 1 month later...
Hello Guys, I am looking for a driver side quarter panel for my 1966 convertible skylark does anyone have or know someone selling one?

Mitch,

Theres a guy parting a 66 Skylark vert on V8Buick.com. I believe the quarters are still there.

http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?281258-1966-Skylark-convertible-in-a-yard-who-needs-what&p=2326939&highlight=#post2326939

Todd